Monday, 9 April 2012

Sew Out Loud Quilt Along - Press On!

Today it is my turn to share my block design for Sew Out Loud!!
My block is called 'Press on!' and is all about the trusty old iron. I quite enjoy ironing as part of the sewing process but when it comes to ironing the laundry it is one of my least favourite chores. Funny how that works, I wonder if I had an iron like this it would change the way I feel ;)

Press on!
 I have included templates for freezer paper piecing or foundation paper piecing. You can download the pattern here

I really enjoy being part of this sew along and seeing all the wonderful blocks you all have been making! You can add your blocks to our Flickr group here
And don't forget there will be a block design contest soon with some fab prizes, so get those thinking caps on ladies.
I am excited to see what you all will come up with!!

x Leila

12 comments:

  1. Fantastic block! I look forward to making this one...first I have to make Charise's house block but then maybe I can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute and if I had an iron like that I know I would iron more.hah.ah.ah.a.a

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab block Leila :-) Completely agree with you on the ironing... fabric - fun, clothes - crap....

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful block. Thanks for the tute

    ReplyDelete
  5. How creative!! I want to catch up and make all of these blocks... they are all so cute!

    Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the block! What a creative idea =D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh Leila, could you stop making my to-make list any longer? I LOOOOVE this block in every way and am sooo making it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great block - think I will try this while hubby does the ironing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cool block! And you're pressing a very nice length of fabric too =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you fro your nice pattern.
    I will try iron from Japan.
    Sakiko

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day :-)